Thursday, November 30, 2006

To do

On Saturday, youngest dd will be in her first Nutcracker on Ice at our local rink. She's in the "party scene" as a guest and skates in the "Children's Gallop". Today and tomorrow are dress rehearsals. (Here she is in her party dress. Couldn't resist.)

Older dd's synchro team will perform this season's program for the first time as a warmup to the Nutcracker. (Along with the other three teams.)

Saturday morning ds will sing with the Triangle Youth Music Chorus at the beginning of "Talent All Over Town".

Sunday our church's morning services will be "Lessons & Carols" and the choir sings Vivaldi's "Magnificat" as part of it. Plus a lot of other fun pieces. We'll be accompanied by an orchestra including some North Carolina Science & Math students (I think) and are joined by other special guests who will sing & play.

(Unfortunately -- and I won't complain about it here) older dd's first competition is also scheduled for Sunday morning so she'll miss the L&C and I'll miss the competition.

So, it's a fun few days. Feel free to join in on any of the above if you're local.

No comments: