Today was pretty nutty here. Not my favorite kind of day, but I guess it's ok to have one like this every once in a while.
Started out with a shower and then taking older dd to her weekly skating lesson. This morning's lesson is with her dance teacher but they are taking a few weeks off from focusing on ice dance to work on moves. Dd is planning on testing her intermediate moves in late October. I walked on the treadmill (slowly) while dd skated.
Back home. Ds was at work already, younger dd slowly getting her day started. She has been sick -- was quite sick over the weekend and then seemed to be on the mend. But this morning I was feeling like she was taking a turn for the worse.
Returned a phone call to a homeschooling/blogging friend. Had a nice little chat. :-)
Back to the kitchen to check on everyone. In a bit we stopped for our morning Bible reading & prayer in the living room. We use the Book of Common Prayer to guide our reading. Usually ds takes the Old Testament, older dd takes the Epistle, and younger dd reads from the Gospel. I read a Psalm. We take turns praying. Then we usually discuss briefly any scheduling items or need-to-know information for the day.
Back to the kitchen. Younger dd was trying to do her work (had already gone upstairs and done her daily math lesson on the computer) but was fading fast. I decided she needed to go back to bed, set her up with a tray of munchies and tucked her in. Helped older dd for a bit with her work. Checked in with ds.
Called the dr.'s office to ask the nurse about whether ds should be followed up with. He is recovering from walking pneumonia and still has a nagging cough. Decided he should be seen tomorrow and made an appt for both him and for younger dd.
Took a few minutes to check online about a delivery that we were still waiting for. Made a phone call to find out where it was. Oh, it's supposed to arrive today. Well, that's good.
Ds's drama teacher emails about can she borrow our wicker loveseat for a few weeks. Hm. I measure and think about it and decide no that won't work... too complicated to go into, just trust me, it won't work. Sorry.
It's getting close to lunch time. I correct some of the older two's work and ds and older dd get their lunch.
At this point I realize younger dd is not going to make her skating lesson this afternoon. Email coach. Also realize she won't be going to her enrichment classes tomorrow. Email someone about that. Took her temperature and decided it was too high (again) for my comfort so I called the dr. an made an appt. for early this afternoon.
That meant I couldn't take older dd and ds to their skating (dd had another lesson) so dh stepped in. They left just after UPS arrived with the boxes (frames for the two new love seats for the upstairs middle room--the cushions arrived a few days ago). Dd and I headed to the dr.
Turns out she has a bit of pneumonia (secondary infection this time) developing so he called in an antibiotic. Off to the pharmacy... waiting for the prescription to be filled, did a bit of grocery shopping. Called the salon to see if it was ok to be late to older dd's haircut appt. (It was.) Back home, picked up dd, off to salon. While dd's hair was getting cut fielded phone call from drama teacher (see above) trying to talk me into yes it will work to borrow the loveseat. Finally convince her that I am saying no. Sorry.
Pay stylist. Drive home. Quickly put together (lame) dinner. Older dd eats and off we go to the rink (again!) so she can help with the Learn-to-Skate class. It's the first class of the new session and they always need extra teachers -- this is not her regular night to teach. While she teaches I put gas in the van and returned a bag of books to the Library. Back to the rink -- picked up dd and another skater who lives nearby who needed a ride home. Dropped him at his house and continued on to dd's ballet class. Drop her at ballet. Drive over to mattress store to pick up two mattresses for the daybed in my office. Return item to Office Depot (across the street). Stop in Trader Joe's (right near studio) for a few necessary items. Back to ballet studio. Watch older dd for a bit (she's so good!). Drive home.
Unpack stuff from car. Put mattresses on the new daybed. They look great!
Then we put together one of the new loveseat/futon things that we got from Target for the middle room. They are perfect -- I am so happy with how this room is turning out! Vacuum.
By now it's close to 10 pm. I think that's enough for one day and I'm sure I forgot a few things somewhere in there... :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
xxoo for younger dd
I hope all your children are well soon! I thought Erin's hair looked cute when I saw her at ballet.
Busy day for you!
Post a Comment