Saturday, September 13, 2008

Farmer's Market Report

Made a quick swing by the two farmer's markets in town this morning, after dropping off older dd at the rink. (She spends all of Saturday morning there -- conditioning class, synchro practice, and then teaching Learn-to-Skate.)

At market #1 I bought some perfect, freshly-made hummus, (I know, easy to make at home but I won't and since I'm the only one who likes it I don't really need an entire recipe of it...) a handful of cute gourds (for decorating, not for eating), and some butternut squash. Yum!

At market #2 I chose potatoes, zucchini & summer squash, eggplant, and tomatoes. I also bought a potted mum (very pretty!) and a potted gardenia (smells wonderful!).

I re-potted the mum when we got home and it's sitting pretty on the deck. The gardenia went into the garden!

Sorry, no pics today. Maybe next time!

No comments: