Thursday, August 27, 2009

It's a rainy day in Indiana...

I'm still all right here and starting to settle in to life in this northern clime. Rainy today, rain in the forecast for tomorrow. The shorts and tank tops have pretty much been put away and I'm in need of some warmer pjs. I'm hoping I'm done with shopping for a while... even tho' we've lived in this house before for several months and it's been occupied by dh on and off over the last 2 years there is still stuff to fix & stuff to buy. Even while keeping it pretty simple.

I did score a dark-wood rocker for the front (screened-in) porch yesterday -- it was the floor model and so we didn't even have to put it together. Cost me a fraction of its original price. Also got a swing that will need to be stained and put together this weekend. Younger dd is happy.

Ds seems to be settling in ok at school. Now that all the syllabi have been handed out and rules have been rehearsed, the lectures and homework will begin. Yesterday he stood in a long line (he says) and bought his football tickets. First game is next weekend.

Older dd tried out a ballet class at a local studio yesterday. She'll take another higher-level class tomorrow.

It's a good thing I did a lot of outside work earlier in the week when the sun was out. It's looking pretty ok.

My scrap space is ready and waiting for photos to arrive in the mail.

That's all for now.

No comments: